There are a few common causes for this issue, do what you can to make sure these are not true for you:
- You are running the game with out of date hardware or drivers that don't support full DX11
- You are attempting to run the game on an integrated graphics card
- You are attempting to run the game with less than 6GB of RAM
- You are running the game with very little space (< 2GB) available on your OS hard drive
Next you should ensure that you have installed the latest graphics drivers for your computer.
If playing on Steam, run Verify Integrity of Game Cache on Firewatch.
If you are still experiencing crashes, it can often help for you to send us your machine's specs and a log file that we can use to categorize your issue. Please attach this file to your support email when contacting us as it can greatly help speed up a diagnosis.
You need to browse to ~/Library/Logs/Unity/
- In the Finder, choose Go > Go to Folder.
- In the Go To Folder dialog, type ~/Library/Logs/Unity/
- Click Go.
the log file is located in ~/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log
The log file is at ~/.config/unity3d/CampoSanto/Firewatch/Player.log