A small number of players have reported that they are unable to continue their saved game because "Continue" and "Load Game" are either grayed out/unselectable or are non-responsive when selected.
We're hopeful that our September 2016 patch addresses and resolves this issue. However, if you're still experiencing it, please try the following:
- Do a full power cycle
1. Hold down the PS button in the middle of the controller until the Quick Menu appears
2. Scroll to the Power option on that menu
3. Select "Turn off PS4"
4. Wait for your console to turn off (the power indicator light on the console may take some time before it shuts off completely)
5. Once the indicator light has turned off, press the power button on your console
6. Your PlayStation 4 will restart
- Rebuild your console's database:
1. Power off your console, using either the power button or by removing the power source.
2. Turn on the PS4 into Safe mode: Press and Hold down the power button on the front of the PS4, until the console beeps twice (once immediately, then another after a few seconds of holding); connect your Dual Shock remote via USB cable; press the PS button on the controller to pair devices. Your console is now in Safe Mode.
3. Select option “5. Rebuild Database” and press X
4. “The database will be rebuilt, it might take a few hours to rebuild the database” will be displayed, Select OK.
5. The screen will go blank whilst the Database is being rebuilt and this could take a few hours depending on the amount of saved content.
6. When the Rebuild has finished the console will return to the sign in screen.
- Go into Settings < Application Saved Data Management < Saved Data in Online Storage < Download to System Storage < Firewatch. Rolling back to an earlier save may resolve the issue.